- IR, Green or UV Laser
- Flying Probe or Custom Measurement
- Spot Size 10-50 µm
- Resistor Range: 0.1 Ω to 1 GΩ
- Thick and Thin Film Laser Resistor Trimming System
RapiTrim Laser Resistor Trimming System with additional capability for active trimming of circuit performance (e.g. voltage, switching threshold, frequency ...).
All three laser systems (IR 1064 nm, green 532 nm and UV 355 nm) can be customized to active-trim systems with user-specific fixturing, to measure circuit output characteristics rather than the individual resistor values measured in passive trim systems. Systems allow either a step-by-step trim or a continuous trim, with continuous trims allowing a feedback signal that can directly control the laser trimmer creating a continuous loop until the specified values are reached.
Advanced laser and beam control combined with flying probe, probe card and custom measurement technologies, allows the RapiTrim systems to outperform older technology in both high volume production as well as low-volume, high-mix operations. Circuits can be as large as the substrate itself, and probing of dense designs is effortless.
System Features Include:
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface with ProSys operating software
- Advanced Beam Positioning and Laser Pulse Control provide high throughput, accuracy, and process stability
- High Accuracy, High Bandwidth Real-Time Measurement system
- Auto-Calibration functions ensure repeatable quality
- Extensive System Diagnostics continuously monitor all critical components and machine performance
- Sealed Beam Delivery protects optics from process debris, extending component lifetimes
- Touchscreen operation (full HD size)
Contact PPI Systems
Flying probe operation, robotic load-to-unload, stack loader and PPI overview.
An intuitive graphical user interface that offers unmatched ease of use for both operators and process engineers.
Where efficient and intelligent solutions come to life in collaboration with our customers.
RapiTrim Handling Options
PPI Systems offers a full selection of hardware and software options to ensure each RapiTrim solution meets your application. Options Include:
- Manual loading
- Stack loaders
- Magazine loaders
- In-line automation
- Custom solutions
If your requirements are not covered by one of the options above, don’t hesitate to contact PPI to discuss custom alternatives. PPI engineers can propose solutions for your unique needs, from custom fixturing to custom automation.